Friday 1 August 2014

Tattered Lace ~ August Challenge...


Helloooo!!! :)
August has arrived and summer is well and truly here!! Yayyy!! :)  I can't remember the last time we managed to string so many lovely summery days together! I look out of my craft room window and I'm seeing beautiful blue skies, and watching all the little sparrows in the hedge and on the feeders...I'm not exaggerating when I say there are more than 20 at a time out there sometimes!
Anyway...here is my DT project for this months challenge at Tattered Lace...our theme is 'Decadence' ...



A tough challenge this one as it entailed me having to go into the very yummy cake shop in the next village!! I had will power...however I also had three other passengers in my car!!! O.o



I used a 6 x 6 card base...
Matted a pearlised pink layer, then a TL Rose Garden embossed pearlised Cream layer... 
Cut 4 Chantilly Hearts - shaped and glued 
Cut 1 plain and 2 lacy roses per flower (5 needed altogether)
Cut out Chantilly Rose to go around the wedding cake pillar
Cut 2 of the largest rosette pieces and made 1 rosette
Finished off with a beautiful cupcake from Debbie @ Delicious Cakes...




6 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Lydia this is fabulous, love the cake too I bet it tasted lovely.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lyds said...

Thanks Linda x I don't know yet...it's still in the fridge!! Yep...I'm impressed too!! Lol O:) xx

Unknown said...

Stunning Lydia! And you have more will power than me, I'd have scoffed it before I got out of the car lol!

JJ said...

Absolutely stunning Lydia, the time it must have taken, wow! Amazing. Well done gal.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Carol Bignall said...

wow this is a stunning piece of work, I love it .

Carol x

Lyds said...

Thank you all x...and Lol at Anna :p xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails