Thursday, 15 May 2008

Envelope, Insert and Finished Birthday Book

Phew!! I've finally finished my envelope for Team 3's Birthday Book on Craftswap Forum! WoooHooo!! ^.^
For those who think I've totally lost the plot (No, that doesn't include those of you who know I have!! :0) ) ...The Forum has just been celebrating it's 2nd Birthday, and we have made envelope books, which will be auctioned (on the forum), for charity on Monday the 19th May.
Craftswap forum supports the Lymphoma Association .
It was chosen at a time when our dear forum friend Susie, was fighting the condition. Sadly Susie passed away last April, but I hope that like last year, we can make lots of money from this, and all the other fabulous team books, to help the charity in their hard work of finding a way to prevent others from losing their fight.

Those who wished to take part, were divided into teams, and each team was given a theme on which to base their book.
The teams decided on size of envelope...whether to make them landscape or portrait...and Team Leader.

Our team was given 'Childhood' as a theme...and chose C6, portrait and...ME as Team Leader!! *.*

This is my envelope and insert...




The envelope was hand made using a sheet of 12x12 paper...not sure where from :o/ Then a variety of embellishments were used to decorate the front (which would normally be the back).



The back was decorated with DCWV 'Once Upon A Time' paper... Linda's Unicorn stamp (check out her blog...it's fab! And her stamps, available to buy, are fantastic!!) ...and a fairy castle (unknown)



The insert front is made of mountboard...covered with paper from the Funky Fairy's 'Basic' collection to which I printed poem that I found. I've them stamped a teddy from Suzi's Zoo , watercoloured him and glazed his heart and nose...then inked round the edge.












The back has been covered in the same design, but different colourway of paper. I've stamped the teddy design twice...one direct on the backing and one on the brown paper. I've cut out the brown one and adhered it over the first. The sentiment has been stamped onto the same brown paper with Timber Brown Stazon ...cut out and inked round the edge with a chalk ink.
The little red hearts were stuck randomly to finish.









These are the covers that I made, using a couple of my favourite Stampin' Up! stamps... 'Summer by The Sea' ...and watercolour crayons...














And this is the finished book...
Well done Team 3 x x x


11 comments:

Andrea said...

what a beautiful book Lyds, hope you raise loads x

Joy said...

It's gogrgeous Lyds and I'm sure it'll raise loads xx

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, that looks lovely - love the accordian style binding!

made by fifi said...

fab book lydia - love it xx

EllePiggo said...

Just fantastic!!! :)

Vanessa.

Mee said...

Looks fantastic!! Well done to you all :o)

** Shaz ** said...

stunning book Lydia can't wait for the auctions xxx

funky Fairy said...

Your envelope insert is lovely Lyds :) Welldone! And the finished book looks fantastic :) Well done you...great work :)
shaz x

Amanda said...

Wow, that is lovely, I'm sure it will raise lots of money for the charity.

Ann said...

What a beautiful book Lydia - well done to you & your team.....I'll be bidding for this one for sure!! xxx

Karen said...

Stunning! A great work of Art.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails